14 de março de 2012

Curta e seca

Na linha de citar cartas de economistas, e agora de outro quadrante, esta de Joan Robinson para Ronald Meek é exemplar, a diversos títulos:


When I say I understand Marx better than you, I don’t mean to say that I know the text better than you do. If you start throwing quotations at me you will have me baffled in no time. In fact, I refuse to play before you begin.

What I mean is that I have Marx in my bones and you have him in your mouth. To take an example – the idea that constant capital is an embodiment of labour power expended in the past. To you this is something that has to be proved with a lot of Hegelian stuff and nonsense. Whereas I say (though I do not use such pompous terminology): ‘Naturally – what else did you think it could be?’


Sem comentários: